*Update* Due to Covid-19 and stricter regulations around flying drones in Japan – we are now working with officials to develop an accredited training program in English, for non-Japanese speakers. Reach out to us to pre-register, and stay tuned for more information via our Facebook page and blog!
Seranova provides drone introduction lessons to beginners and hobbyists in Japan. We run the events via our Meetup page. This lesson is for you if you are starting out and looking for a crash course on flying your first drone in Japan. We’ll cover all of the basics with two of the most popular drones, the Phantom 4 and the DJI Mavic. You don’t need to own a drone as we have ours to practice with.
By the end of the basic course you’ll understand all the regulations in Japan, learn how to operate a drone, and get the basics of shooting cinematic videos/photos.
Here is what the usual 3-hour beginners’ course covers:
- Drone Regulations and Safety in Japan
- Risk Management
- Pre Flight Checklist
- RC Transmitter Configuration
- Crash Course on how to fly your drone (currently offering Phantom 4, Mavic, Spark)
- Settings and advanced settings
- Basic photo and video settings
- Hands on flying practice
* content can change depending on the event. Please check the Meetup page for exact details for the event you wish to join.